Listserves are open to all who are interested in receiving news messages and meeting minutes. Please note that you do not have to be a voting or corresponding member to subscribe to this list. If you choose to subscribe to the list server, you will be able to send messages to this list as well as receive them. The intent of this service is for important messages to members for ASHRAE matters. This list is not to be used for frequent communications or detailed topic discussion.
To use the TC 7.5 e-mail list server, simply follow these steps:To subscribe to the TC 7.5 e-mail list server (listserv), please follow these steps:
1. Send an e-mail message to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org No text is required in the subject line.
2. Enter the following text in the first line of the e-mail message body: subscribe tc0705lst
Note that a lower case L succeeds the number 5.
3. Send the e-mail message
4. Subsequently, an e-mail message will sent to you asking you to confirm your subscription to this list by replying with an authentication command to email@example.com. Simply copy the authentication command to the first line in your reply and send.
5. You will receive an e-mail message confirming your subscription and giving instructions on un-subscribing from the list.
1. In the To: box of your e-mail, type firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete the e-mail subject line, body text, and press send.
You may use the Lists only for the purposes expressly permitted by the Lists. You may not use the Lists for any other purpose without ASHRAE’s express prior written consent. You agree to reserve List discussions for topics best suited to the medium. As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the Lists. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the List manager noted in your welcome instructions.
> Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the Lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to
> Do not post commercial messages. Contact individuals directly with products and services that you believe
would help them.
> Use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the Lists is available for all to see,
and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
> All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
> Remember that ASHRAE and other e-mail List participants have the right to reproduce postings to the Lists.
> Do not send the same message to multiple Lists. You may send your message to only the most appropriate
You agree to abide by the following etiquette when using the Lists:
> Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
> State the topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to
> Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and
put your response before the original posting.
> Only send a message to the entire List when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
> Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the List, through the List.
> Warn others List subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the
message body with a line that says “Long Message.”